Recipe: Tasman XPA
We've been busy creating four fantastic recipes using the Brewer's Series range, inspired by some of your favourite commercial beers.
First up is the Tasman XPA which is modelled on a classic NZ/AUS Xtra Pale Ale. Bursting with passion fruit, peach and gooseberry flavours, this beer is a light and easy drinking xtra pale ale for any time of the year! Just click on the image below to see the recipe. Keep an eye out for the others over the next two weeks!
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today!
Note: The availability of these products may vary between regions.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Blonde Dry (includes yeast)
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Pure Liquid Malt Extract Light 1.2 kg
- 25g Galaxy Hops
- 25g Nelson Sauvin Hops
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter.
3. Pour the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Blonde Dry pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
4. Add the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Light Liquid Malt Extract pouch and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
6. Check the liquid temperature is below 25°C (77°F), then add the contents of the yeast sachet.
7. On day 7 of fermentation, add the 25g each of Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin Hops. Do not stir (the hops will break up and disperse naturally).
8. Leave to ferment for a further 2-3 days or until the airlock has stopped bubbling then check the SG using a hydrometer. If fermentation is complete, the SG should be equal to or below the value indicated on the Brewer’s Series carton.
9. Continue your brew per the instructions on the Brewer’s Series carton.