Recipe: Aussie Classic Gold
Everyone has a favourite classic, right? Here at Mangrove Jack's, we wanted to create some delicious beers inspired by the classics you know and love. If you're a fan of XXXX Gold, try this recipe and let us know what you think!
A smooth flavour and body, complemented by mild bitterness and just a touch of sweetness. This Gold Lager contains Cluster Hops which offer a smooth, neutral, bitterness complemented by a spicy and floral aroma with fruity notes.
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today.
Note: The availability of these products may vary between regions - if you would like us to assist with suggestions for substitutions, please contact us.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Gold Lager
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Beer Enhancer Australian Lager No.40 0.5kg
- 1 x Mangrove Jack's M76 Bavarian Lager Craft Series Yeast 10g
- 15g Cluster Hops
- Hop Sock
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter, then add the 15g of Cluster hops (in hop sock) and steep for 5 minutes then remove.
3. Pour the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Gold Lager pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
4. Add 0.5kg of the Mangrove Jack’s Beer Enhancer Australian Lager No.40 and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
6. Check the liquid temperature is below 25°C (77°F), then add the contents of the M76 yeast sachet into the fermenter. Discard the yeast contained in the Brewer's Series Kit or save for another brew.
8. Ferment per the instructions on the Brewer’s Series carton.