Recipe: Citrus Lager
Us lucky folk down under are slowly making our way back towards summer so it's almost time to crack out some light and refreshing beers to keep us cool. We've whipped up this Citrus Lager recipe that'll do just that. A nod to Export Citrus, this beer is crisp, clean and packs a lemon punch. We think you're going to love this one!
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today.
Note: The availability of these products may vary between regions - if you would like us to assist with suggestions for substitutions, please contact us.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series NZ Pilsner (includes yeast)
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Pure Liquid Malt Extract Light 1.2 kg
- 8 ml Still Spirits Top Shelf Citrus Vodka Flavouring
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter.
3. Pour the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series NZ Pilsner pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
4. Add the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Light Liquid Malt Extract pouch and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
6. Check the liquid temperature is below 25°C (77°F), then add the contents of the yeast sachet.
7. On day 7 of fermentation, add 8 ml Still Spirits Top Shelf Vodka Flavouring.
8. Leave to ferment for a further 2-3 days or until the airlock has stopped bubbling, then check the SG using a hydrometer. If fermentation is complete, the SG should be equal to or below the value indicated on the Brewer’s Series carton.
9. Continue your brew per the instructions on the Brewer’s Series carton.