Recipe: Royal Lager
Everyone has a favourite classic, right? Here at Mangrove Jack's, we wanted to create some delicious beers inspired by the classics you know and love.
If you're a fan of Crown Lager, try this recipe and let us know what you think!
This Royal Lager is bright and golden in appearance with a creamy head. The aroma is fruity and it has a refreshing malty taste with a full bodied finish and slightly lingering bitterness.
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today.
Note: The availability of these products may vary between regions - if you would like us to assist with suggestions for substitutions, please contact us.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Pilsner
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Beer Enhancer Australian Lager No.40 1kg
- 1 x Mangrove Jack's Craft Series M76 Bavarian Lager Yeast 10g
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter.
3. Pour the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Brewer’s Series Pilsner pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
4. Add 1kg of the Mangrove Jack’s Beer Enhancer Australian Lager No.40 and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
6. Check the liquid temperature is below 14°C (57°F), then add the contents of the M76 yeast sachet into the fermenter. Discard the yeast contained in the Brewer's Series Kit or save for another brew.
8. Ferment per the instructions on the Brewer’s Series carton.