A quick guide to handcrafted brewing
1. Add malt and 3 L (3 qt) of boiling water to your 30 L (8 US Gal) fermenter. Stir to dissolve.
2. Top up to 23 L (6 US Gal) with cold water, stir in the beer yeast and get a good whiff – that’s what craftsmanship smells like.
3. Leave to ferment at 20-25°C (68-77 °F) for 5 days. Pace the floor anxiously.
4. Add aroma hops and leave to ferment for a further 5 days, or until the correct specific gravity reading is reached.
5. Bottle and mature for 3 weeks before drinking with friends for maximum bragging rights!