Warning! Only brew this beer if you LOVE HOPS! Big bitterness, big hop flavours and a nice dry finish.
Expected Brew Figures:
- 1 pouch of Mangrove Jacks Craft Series London Ale (1.8kg) – Includes Mangrove Jacks M79 Burton Ale Yeast
- 1 tin of Black Rock Ultra Light Malt extract
- 3 x 500g of Copper Tun (dry) light spray malt
- 20g of Pacific jade hops
- 75g of Motueka hops
- 150g of Simcoe hops
- 50g of Citra
- 1 teaspoon of Copper Tun Irish Moss
- 2 packets for M44 West Coast Ale Yeast
- Boil 12L of water for 1 hour adding the Mangrove Jack’s Craft Series – London Bitter at the beginning of the boil and all malt extracts
- When it starts to boil add the 20g of Pacific Jade hops
- After 45 minutes add the 1 tsp of Irish Moss
- After 50 minutes add 25g of Motueka and 25g of Simcoe hops to the boil
- After 1 hour of boiling add 50g of Motueka, 50g of Simcoe and 25g of Citra
- Take off the boil and crash cool pot in an ice bath until it reaches approx. 22 degrees C or use a wort chiller if you have access to one.
- Sanitise your fermenter and a fine sieve
- Pour contents of the pot through the fine sieve into the fermenter
- Top up fermenter with cold sanitary water
- Add yeast to the wort directly (or hydrate yeast – see yeast booklet)
- Ferment at 18-20 degrees C
- After 7 days add 75g of Simcoe hops and 25g of Citra hops to the fermenter (in a hop bag for less hop mess to clean up)
- Bottle or keg as usual and after the end of the dry hopping (if the gravity has been stable for 24hrs). Enjoy.