This fruity ale is refreshingly light, complex in flavour and dangerously easy to drink! This Summer Saison recipe creates a 5.5% ABV beer and is the perfect companion for your summer adventures. Originally, these were brewed during cooler months in Wallonian farm houses to be stored for drinking during the summer months by farm workers - while on the job!
We probably should point out that back in the early days the saison only had an ABV of around 3-3.5%, however it is believed that the farm workers were entitled to up to 5 litres each day! Unfortunately for us though, we no longer live in the 1700's.
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today.
Makes: 23 l
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Note: The availability of these products may vary between regions - please contact us if you have any questions.
YOU WILL NEED:
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter.
3. Pour the liquid malt extract from the Mangrove Jack’s Brewers Series Pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
4. Add orange zest.
5. Add the Mangrove Jack's Liquid Malt Extract and stir.
6. Steep chamomile tea bag and coriander seeds in 200 ml of hot water for 10 mins then decant into fermenter.
7. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
8. Check the liquid temperature is below 22°C (72°F), pitch yeast and allow yeast to free rise up to 26°C (79°F) during fermentation - ferment for 12 days between 26°C (79°F) and 32°C (90°F). Please note your OG should be roughly 1.050