Create a refreshing and flavourful Aussie favourite with this Australian Pale Ale recipe.
Why not brew it on Australia Day to ensure you have an Australian classic on hand to salute the last of summer?
Head to your local Mangrove Jack's stockist to pick up your ingredients and get brewing today.
Please note, the availability of these products may vary between regions.
Makes: 23 l
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Approximate ABV: 4.2 %
YOU WILL NEED:
This recipe uses Cascade hops. If you're unable to source this variety, check out our Hop Substitution Guide.
1. On the brew day, clean and sanitise your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle with Mangrove Jack’s Total San Sanitiser.
2. Add 3 L of boiling water to your fermenter.
3. Pour the contents of the Mangrove Jack’s Australian Brewer’s Series Blonde Dry pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains. Discard the yeast contained in the Brewer's Series Kit or save for another brew.
4. Top up to 23 L with cold water.
5. Check the liquid temperature is approximately 22°C (72°F), then add the contents of the M36 yeast sachet into the fermenter.
7. Ferment per the instructions on the M36 Yeast sachet and add Cascade Hop Pellets after 5 days, then ferment for a further 5 days.
8. Bottle or keg your brew per the instructions on the carton.
Don't forget to share your brews with us on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram! As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via social media, or send us a message directly here.